We’ve put together this franchise package to allow fellow travel professionals looking to break out in to their own business. We offer a complete ‘ready to open’ solution that will allow you to start trading from day one in your very own, fully fitted high street shop.
This solution is perfect for existing Managers of a high street agency or homeworkers looking to take their next career step on the high street.
We have 3 stores that are wholly owned by WTL which allows us to test new initiatives and technology, POS and marketing before offering it out to you – the franchisee.
As part of your opening pack we’ll provide you with the latest PC’s, printers, digital rate screens, superfast broadband, PDQ machines and access to our excellent technology.
For the life of your franchise agreement we’ll provide you with a top of the range cloud based VOIP system including all the handsets you’ll need for your store. You’ll get the best features including music on hold, call transfer, call hold and call recording. All you pay for is cost of any chargeable calls. All landline calls are FREE – reducing your bills.
We make things really easy for you.
All of your travel banking is paid in to a central account with Barclays. From this all supplier payments are made on your behalf by the Travel Accounts team at Midcounties Co-operative freeing up your time to do what you do best – sell!
Foreign Exchange banking is collected regularly from your store by a secure cash in transit company.
You’ll just need a business bank account in your Company name so we can pay your commissions straight in to your account.
You’ll also get a fully funded and managed Foreign Exchange bureau for your store.
We provide the float for your bureau, we handle the AML and HMRC compliance for you too. You’ll get the latest in FX selling technology as well as a Chip & Pin machine to enable you to compete effectively with the rest of the competition in your area.
You can have deliveries up to daily (minimum order values apply) and all of your banking is securely taken away by G4S at the same time – reducing your security risk.
We have some of the very best rates on the high street for our customers and you’ll earn a percentage commission on every transaction you process as well as having access to online ordering with Click & Collect or Home Delivery for your customers.
Being a franchisee means your store is also a member of The Co-operative Travel Consortium, a part of The Midcounties Co-operative. Midcounties is the UK’s largest independent Co-operative with a turnover in excess of £1 billion.
The scale of Midcounties buying power means that you’ll have some of the best commercial terms on the market – including:
– Excellent commission deals with hundreds of suppliers and Tour Operators
– Excellent low deposits on all major Tour Operators
– Automatic use of the full Group ATOL to allow you to dynamically package holidays for your customers with your own margins all packaged as a full package holiday (not Flight Plus)
– Regular tactical incentives and excellent overrides
– Daily commercial message with the latest supplier incentives, offers and news
– All supplier payments handled by a dedicated Travel Accounts team to free up your time to do what you do best – sell holidays!
You’ll get some of the very latest technology to help you run your business:
– TARSC back end customer management system
– Search – a full dynamic packaging tool (with your own margins) to give you complete flexibility when selling
– CRM to track conversions and manage your customer relationship
– Video dashboard – thousands of videos on your desktop to show your customer in store and then send them a text message with the video to aid conversion
– Travelanswerz (formerly Gazetteers)
– UltraPOS to allow you to run your Foreign Exchange business effetively
– Manage My Booking – for your customers to access their booking at home and make payments securely from home (automatically dropping in to TARSC)
Each month you’ll receive a POS pack with the latest window campaign and window cards with more available to order if required.
Our dedicated team can also put together any specific marketing you require.
You’ll have access to our e-marketing tools that allow you to direct market to your customers by e-mail, social media or SMS text message. We send regular marketing communications to our customers and we can do this on your behalf driving footfall in to your stores.
We’re very proud to work very closely with The Co-operative Travel Consortium in marketing and we have regular visits from Pablo and Petra our friendly Gecko mascots. You’ll see them on all of our window cards and more and more through our digital marketing too!
Our Head Office in Blackpool will give you the very best support included as standard:
– we’ll do your monthly payroll for you
– accounting support
– central marketing support
– audit support to ensure your business remains compliant and as risk free as possible
– IT helpdesk support
– FX helpdesk support for your bureau
This isn’t an exhaustive list. There’s so much more. Get in touch with us to see how we can help with your business.
We try and keep the overall investment really low and we have a couple of options:
– To build a brand new store from scratch in an empty shop will cost £19,995 + VAT – this includes everything to get you open and ready to trade.
– We can also sometimes acquire an existing travel store which substantially reduces the investment requirement. This will typically start at just £4,995 + VAT.
You’ll also need to pay an ongoing management fee to us. This is deducted from your monthly commissions and covers everything such as marketing, banking, accounting and more.
Out of your monthly commission payment you’ll need to pay your rent, rates, utility bills, staff wages etc. leaving the rest of your commission as your profit!
We have a very flexible package that will be tailored to your specific location, business and turnover.
Yes! We can help you find the ideal location for your new store.
Simply give us a call and we’ll discuss in more detail the options available.
Absolutely and this franchise package is a great option for an existing Manager who has worked in a store for a period of time and has built up a good and loyal client base.
In this instance we would expect your level of investment and start up costs to be much lower allowing you get your new business off the ground much faster.
Give us a call for a confidential conversation and we’ll go through the options with you.
We are actively seeking franchisees in the North West of England. If you have an ideal location please contact us so we can discuss further.