Say hello to... Paris
The world’s style capital, Paris is the ultimate continental and classy city. In short, it’s a buzzing metropolis of iconic structures. Dig a little deeper, and it’s a place of great romance which features arty antique fairs and gourmet restaurants that all add to the unforgettable atmosphere.
No.2-TripAdvisor's Top 25 Destinations
Perfect for city-breakers, it’s no wonder the resplendent home of the Eiffel Tower has been awarded number 2 in TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Destinations in the World.
Food & Drink
From roadside eateries to fine dining experiences, the French cuisine transforms rustic ingredients into rich, complex combinations. With so many supreme restaurants, you’ll taste an explosion of flavours along Rue du Seine and Rue Guisarde in the Latin Quarter. For sweet treats, Rue d’Assas features shops filled with pops of colourful macaroons and baked gems.
Wide boulevards, pedestrianised throughways and plenty of roadside parks make it easy to wander around. To see the city from the water, jump aboard a Batobus along the Seine and hop on and off at regular river stops. You can buy a single, a day pass or a bunch of ten tickets.
- Couples –Voted the most romantic city in the world, Paris is a firm favourite for a couples break away.
- Sightseeing lovers – there's magnificent museums, amazing architecture, historical gems and of course the world famous Moulin Rouge.
- Shoppers – Keeping in step with its glamorous reputation, Paris amazes with the chic boutiques of the tree-lined Champs-Élysées that ooze effortless style. Why not visit Le Bon Marché, the city’s oldest and most famous department store, lavished with luxury labels? For scenic shopping, the River Seine bookstalls are always interesting, and markets are never far.
Amsterdam has plenty of visitor hotspots these are just a few of the 'Must do's'
- Eiffel Tower – The last word in Parisian landmarks, the Eiffel Tower sits within the pretty Champ de Mars park on the banks of the Seine. Visit at sunset to watch its lights come on, or during the daytime, when you can take the elevator up to the top and enjoy views of Sacre Couer, the Pompidou Centre and beyond.
- The Louvre – From the dawn of civilisation to the 21st century, humankind's history is at your fingertips in the Louvre, not to mention masterpieces like the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. The building itself is a sprawling 18th century palace that's so gigantic you'll barely scratch the surface in a day. Entry is free on Sundays.
- Champs-Elysees – Don't leave Paris without ambling down the city's most famous avenue. Linking Place de la Concorde with the Arc de Triomphe, the tree-lined boulevard is full of luxury shops and showy buildings. A military ceremony is held every Bastille Day, while the Tour de France ends here. The Christmas lights are gorgeous too.
Find your next Paris city break now...
Midsummer Fireworks- 24th June 2020
Midsummer starts with a bang as Paris celebrates with a colourful firework display. Taking place on Ile Saint Louis, grab a spot along the Quai Saint-Bernard for the best views.
Paris Plages- July & August 2020
What could be better than kicking back at the beach after a long day of sightseeing? You’re in luck, as July sees the banks of the Seine transform into a chic scene of sand, deckchairs and beach-style entertainment.
FIAC International Contemporary Art Fair- 22nd-25th October 2020
Calling all art fans! Make your way to the Grand Palais to discover work from 1,500 artists from across the globe. There are also events taking places at various other venues across the city.
Christmas Markets- December 2020
The Village of Father Christmas along Boulevard Saint-Germain complement the rows of alpine huts lining the Champs-Élysées. They’re coveted places for wandering around festivities galore.
Please note, the event dates above are just a guide and could be subject to change.